Job Title: Northamptonshire Black Communities Together Development Manager
Location: To be agreed Hours: 37.5 hours a week worked flexibly as required
Remuneration: £6500 salary, job-share or a contract basis Report to: Support Northamptonshire (SN) Chief Executive Contract: Fixed Term 3 months April 2021 to July 2021 Background Northamptonshire Black Communities Together (NBCT) is a new Black Community Infrastructure development for Northamptonshire. Over the last few months, the Covid-19 crisis has exacerbated the position of Black communities in the country due to:
• Disproportionate deaths due to Covid-19
• Increased impact of barriers in accessing health and social care
• Severe impact on mental health There have also been massive cuts to many household incomes resulting in food poverty, inability to pay utility bills, increased risks of homelessness. In parts of the country where Black organisations have worked together, they have managed to retain funding from local government and the health services to reach people in communities and ensure people are supported. In Northamptonshire, there has been:
• Consistent cuts to existing organisations
• Absence of funding for new and emerging groups
• No structure or organisation to bring Black organisations together to collaborate and work together. Black organisations have therefore lost important opportunities to access resources.
Many organisations locally have expressed a wish to change this and to meet together in collaboration to start the journey of working together as Black organisations. NBCT includes representatives of Black organisations and other individuals and organisations working in Northamptonshire to make a change and develop a programme of work to address inequality and impact of the current Covid19 crisis and the crisis of lack of resources to meet Black Community needs. Following a successful application for funding from the UK Community Foundation we are able to appoint a NBCT Development Manager for 3 months to establish NBCT, its work programme, seek new resources and establish strong and effective partnerships. We want to maximise the full potential the NBCT collaboration and build relationships with our partners to demonstrate the benefits of NBCT and help deliver better outcomes for Black communities. NBCT Development Manager We are looking for a person who has strategic and operational leadership experience in the public or charitable sectors and an ability to communicate the benefits of NBCT to people in these sectors. The successful applicant will be responsible for working with the Working Group to promote NBCT, secure a sustainable work programme and resources, deliver training and support for organisations. We are also looking for someone to look outside of Northamptonshire for best practice in Black Community Infrastructure development and how other national organisations affect and influence change.
Closing Date: 21st April 2021 Interview date 22nd/23rd April 2021
Please send a supporting statement to say how you meet the requirements of the Job Description Personal Specification and your CV to email@example.com